Saturday 11 January 2014

Saturday Spotlight: Barry M Teal & Pomegranate

Hi guys, this weeks spotlight post is a Saturday Spotlight, but don't worry, I've added a 'spotlight' label to all the posts so if you'd like to see them all, regardless of what day it was posted on, you can select spotlight from the new drop-down box labels widget in the sidebar.  Under the spotlight today is Barry M, and I have 2 random polishes to show you.  I'm afraid I don't have any nail art to go with them today, but don't worry, I will be posting some art tomorrow.  Hope you forgive me :p



The first polish I have to show you is Pomegranate which is a pink leaning, deep(ish) red.  As you can tell, I find this colour hard to describe, but the first words that jump to mind are "juicy", closely followed by "yummy", and then "mmmmm, I want a jam donut".  Not that that's particularly helpful!
This was something I picked up on a whim on Boxing Day, but I'm so glad I did now.  It's unlike any other reds in my stash, and looks practically edible.  The formula was lovely to work with, this is 2 easy coats and the opacity is great.  It keeps a really nice shine by itself, but I applied top coat anyway.

The second polish I have to show you is Teal, from the core collection. This is a gorgeous shimmery, vivid teal polish, the photos show 3 easy coats, with top coat.  This is a really stunning colour, and you can expect to see this a few more times if I can figure out what to pair it with :)
You can find Barry M at their website here, or in Boots or Superdrug; on line and in-store.  The core collection retail for £2.99, and the Gelly's for £3.99.
What do you guys think of these colours?  What about Barry M in general?



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours! your nails are looking beautiful :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teal looks amazing! Yet another nail polish that I wish I owned haha. I have a couple of the Barry M Gelly nail polishes, and i love how shiny they are!

    I have tagged you in my Liebster Award post, I hope you don't mind. I look forward to reading your post! :)
    http://emma23mereta.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html
    x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )