Friday 24 January 2014

Indy's Indies - Starry Night

 *Some products in this post were discounted in exchange for review.
Hi guys, sorry it's a bit of a late post, I've been pretty busy today.  On the plus side, the polish I have to show you is the very appropriate Starry Night from Indy's Indies Christmas collection.  I know Christmas is well and truly over, but this is one of those polishes that you can wear at any time of year, and there are still a couple of full size and mini bottles of this in the shop :)

Starry Night is a mix of black, gold, and silver holo fine glitter, with gold, silver, and aqua blue holo stars.  This is 1 coat over a "lazy gradient" of Revlon - Royal and Sinful - Black on Black.  I fished for a couple of extra stars, and occasionally swapped a star or two for ones of a different colour, but that's just because I'm fussy.  Overall, the application was easy, and there are loads of stars in the bottle, so it was easy to get a good amount on each nail.
The stars are quite small, and also have slightly rounded points, so I found that 2 coats of Seche Vite was enough to smooth this out nicely.  Overall, I really like this polish, it's extremely sparkly, and I think it will look amazing over literally any dark colour.
The holo from all this glitter is very impressive, but hard to capture properly in a photo.  Even the first picture where I managed to catch a bit of sunlight doesn't really do it justice - I do have a blurry sunlight one that is a little closer though :D
Mmmmmmmmm........Holo :D
This polish is still available at Indy's Indies on Etsy here, in full size or mini bottles.  You can also check out the Facebook page here.



1 comment:

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )