Thursday 16 January 2014

Indy's Indies - Red Envelope

*Some products in this post were discounted in exchange for review.
Hi guys, today I have the first of 3 new polishes from Indy's Indies celebrating Chinese New Year.  This beauty is Red Envelope, which is a mix of red and gold (some holo) hexes, gold holo circles and larger red holo circles.  This is 1 coat over Rimmel 60 Seconds - Camouflage.



I did do a little fishing to get the red dots and 2 more gold circles out, but there are plenty in the bottle so it wasn't hard to snag a few.  Overall, the application was fairly easy for a glitter-packed polish such as this. I really like the undies I picked in the end, there's quite a CNY feel to this mani in my humble opinion.
This has a lot more holo in real life than my photos would suggest, I am having a bit of an issue with my daylight bulb washing out holographic things.  So now my pictures are colour accurate, but no holo accurate - SMH!  It is insanely bright though, so I may try a less powerful one and see if that helps.  If anyone has any advice, please leave it in the comments, I'll love you forever!
This polish, and the other 2 that I will be showing you in the next few days, are all available at Indy's Indies on Etsy here, in full size or mini bottles; separately, or as a trio for a little bit less.
You can also check out the Facebook page here, where you can also see a little sneak preview of Danielle's Valentines Day polishes. (ps. they look incredible!) 



1 comment:

  1. It looks very Christmassy to me ;). I got my first daylight bulb this week (basically ordered it less than 2 weeks ago), it's a more halogen type (GU10) fitting, and boy... it is very white light. Had to adjust my white balance settings in my camera. With indirect light the amount of holo you capture is limited, so I also take direct light pictures (just aim my light at my nails), because sunlight is a rare commodity here (like it is in Britain) this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )