Thursday 17 July 2014

A-Z of Polish: M is for My Vampire is Buff

 Hiya lovelies!  It's Thursday, which means time for another A-Z of Polish post.  This weeks letter is "M", and today I'm featuring the well-loved OPI - My Vampire is Buff.  This is a beautiful pale nude, that is the perfect neutral background for a busy design like today's.......



So the base is 3 coats of MVIB, which I decided to add some gorgeous neon pink and orange roses to.  The pink roses were painted with BYS - Pink Panic, Revlon - Cupid, Barry M - Rhossili and Sally Hansen - Berry Juicy (which, oddly enough, is the palest of all 4 pinks!)  The orange roses are Illamasqua - Gamma, Rimmel Lycra Pro - Coral Romance, Collection 2000 - Hip Hop, and Revlon - Electric (which is actually a yellow).  The leaves were painted with Barry M - Key Lime.  Then I added a couple of dots of Cupid in any areas that looked a little bare.  After I gave it quite a bit of drying time, I top coated and cleaned up.
Last Sunday I went out for a meal for my brothers birthday, and I wore this mani out.  I made 5 decals for my right hand, but as I was in a bit of a rush to be ready in time, I ended up just applying 2 of them as accent nails.  I smudged them within about 10 minutes of being out though, so no pictures this time, but I am hoping to do a tutorial for freehand decals soon :)
I was really happy with how this mani turned out.  As frustrating as it's been being without my squishy stamper, it really is pushing me to try harder with my freehand.  I think this is way better than any of my previous freehand rose mani's, and it has made me want to paint loads more!

So, that's it from me today dearies, but remember, you can check out all the mani's from the challenge at the hub page here.  We also have more ladies joining us this week too, so there's even more for you guys to see.  I'll be back tomorrow with the second prompt in the Colour me Crazy challenge, which happens to be "orange".  One of the hardest colours to incorporate into nail art (imo), and I've already used it in 2 recent mani's, which left me with zero ideas.  *facepalm! I did manage to scrape something together in the end, but it took a lot of thinking :p

 

4 comments:

  1. Had to stop by to say how much I loooooove these! I'm really liking floral patterns at the moment in bright colours, and these really fit both categories so well. Stunning! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Sarah! I've never really been that into floral prints much myself, but over the last few months we've started a "thing" haha :D xx

      Delete
  2. These look gorgeous! I love how bright and cheerful the roses are, and I adore MVIB too, it's just such a perfect colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Robin! This was my first neon and nude mani, but certainly not my last! And I couldn't agree more, it's creamy neutral perfection - like caramel mixed with melted white chocolate mmmmmmm..... <3 xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )