Sunday 17 August 2014

Colour me Crazy - Pink

Hiya lovelies!  So, since I've been mostly absent for the last few weeks, I've fallen a bit behind on challenges I was participating in.  I'm not going to try and catch up on the prompts I've missed, but I am jumping back in as and when I can, starting with the British Nail Bloggers Colour me Crazy challenge.  This week we're on pink, and I did a pink and silver mosaic design......

So, I started with Moyra Vivid Sands - Party Pink on the accent nail, and added some silver holographic striped square studs and black square rhinestones by pushing them into the polish while it was still wet.  They won't wear very well like that though, so if you actually wear your mani's for more than a day you may want to either skip the studs, or apply a topcoat over them.
For the mosaic nails, I started with Color Club Raspberry Rush.  I used 3 coats without undies, but I still had major VNL, so it was lucky I was planning to paint over most of it.  Then I painted in the black outlines with acrylic paint, trying to keep the shapes as weird and irregular as possible.  Next I filled in 3 or 4 shapes on each nail with Moyra 64 (a neon pink), then Moyra 101 (a silver holo glitter), Revlon - Cupid (a baby pink) and Gallery - Silver Sea, then finally, I went back over any of the black lines that got a bit wrecked.  Then I added a top coat, and used a matte top coat once that was all dry.  I did remember to get some photos before I mattified though, so here they are:
I'm not sure which one I prefer to be honest, I love it both ways.


So, that's all from me today, but I'd love to know what you gorgeous people think of this mani? Do you prefer it matte or glossy?

Don't forget to check out what pink mani's the other fabulous British Nail Bloggers have come up with for this week by visiting the thumbnail links below.



1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! I like both, but prefer the matte. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )