Wednesday 11 February 2015

A2Z - L is for Lines, And M is for Multicoloured

Hiya lovelies!  Sorry I've been M.I.A for a little while, but there are a few family/financial issues going on in my house at the moment that have kept me super busy, so I've not been able to find the time to blog.  I actually had naked nails for 3 whole days this week, but I have painted a few mani's over the last couple of weeks, including my mani's for this weeks and last weeks A2Z...........

Ok, so lets start with last weeks prompt.  The letter was L, and the prompt was lines.  I did have a few ideas for a more interesting way to interpret this prompt, but in the end I didn't have time for any of those, so I just grabbed my striper brush and did some stripes.
I started with a base of LaFemme - White, and then added my stripes with Revlon - Cupid, LaFemme - Ice Blue Cream, and Headline Colors - Poolside Party.  I added a top coat, and then the next morning I mattified the whole thing.
This was one of those mani's where I had no idea where I was going, or even what I thought of it once I'd finished.  I dunno, I guess it's kind of cute. :D


And then this week, we were up to M is for Multicoloured.  I decided to use all 6 of the Barry M Glitterati's to fill in a simple grid pattern.

I started out with a white base, to help the colours pop.  Then I painted my basic grid with black acrylic paint, and waited a few seconds for that to dry.  Next I filled in one square per colour with the glitterati's, keeping my colours in the same orders, but mirroring the pattern from one nail to the next. 

And finally, I went over the black lines of my grid with LaFemme - Black, and added 3 coats of top coat to make everything all smooth and shiny.

So I really liked how this mani turned out in the end.  I've wanted to do something with all 6 of these glitters for a while now, and this is great.  This probably would have looked awesome mattified as well, but I was enjoying the sparklies from the holo glitters too much to find out.  :D


So, that's all from me today, but I'll be back tomorrow with this weeks A2Z.  In the meantime, be sure to check out what the other ladies came up with for these 2 prompts by checking out the thumbnails below.... 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )