Sunday 24 August 2014

Colour me Crazy - Purple

Hiya lovelies!  I hope you're all having a nice weekend.  Today I'm just about squeezing in my mani for purple week of the Colour me Crazy challenge.  I decided to go with purple roses on a pastel background, and whilst I was originally planning to do a lot more roses, I ended up loving the background gradient so much that I couldn't bear to cover too much of it up.  I did use 4 different purple polishes for the roses though, so hopefully that's enough to still call it a purple mani :p

So, the gradient is Sally Hansen Berry Juicy, and Barry M - Sugar Apple, with 1 coat of LaFemme - Fairy Dust.  Then I painted in the blobs for the roses with OPI - Bouquet of Violets (which is actually Funky Dunkey, renamed.  It's one of the mystery OPI's that have been floating around.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out this post on beauty geeks)  I then added the details with Sinful Colors - Verbana, Barry M - Plum, and LaFeme - Lilac Cream.  Then I painted some teeny tiny leaves with Barry M - Greenberry.
I was pretty pleased with how this turned out, and I seriously love how the gradient turned out.  The only thing that's bugging me is the photos - I've changed my lighting set up recently, and I'm still working out a few kinks, so these are a little bit ghostly.  The colours are more vivid in real life, so if you're thinking of buying any of these shades, please don't rely on these photos.

I took a quick snap of it with my phone, and the colours are a lot more accurate here, even if I hadn't yet spotted the little bit of clean up needed :p
  So, that's all from me today, I'm off to sulk because I broke a nail in the middle of typing this post up, and I had to repair it with a teabag.  :(  However, tomorrow, I have the amazing, wonderful, and most loveliest Charlie from Pocket Money Polishes taking over the blog for a day and bringing you some super pretty nail art <3

In the meantime, why not check out what the other British Nail Blogger lovelies have come up with for purple week, by perusing the thumbnails just below :D




5 comments:

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )