Thursday 8 January 2015

A2Z - I is for....Inspired & 31DC -Day 8 - Monochromatic

 Hello again lovely people!  Today's mani is a bit of a two-for-one, as I've managed to combine the prompt for the 31 day challenge with this weeks A2Z prompt.  The 31 day prompt is "monochromatic", and in the A2Z we're up to I is for Inspired.  So, I did some all pink galaxies, inspired by this mani from Lucy's Stash. (she was inspired by Coewless for her version as well, so very appropriate for this prompt too!)

So, I started with 2 coats of Revlon - Cupid, and randomly sponged on my background using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Berry Juicy (the palest pink of all of them lol), LaFemme - Rich Pink Cream, Orly - Basket Case, and Essie - The Lace Is On.  Then I sponged on some glitter, concentrating more on the darker areas, with Barry M Glitterati - Socialite.
Then I used some white acrylic paint and a small nail art brush to add a few stars and dots, mostly to the lighter areas.
  I really liked the way this mani turned out, especially using the Barry M glitter.  Those iridescent blue glitters, and fine pink shimmer really stood out on this base, and are a little different to the usual holo glitters I pick for my galaxy mani's.
I'm still not 100% happy with my freehand stars, but I am liking them more than the last time I painted some, which is great news.

So, what do you guys think of this mani?  Are you a fan of pink galaxies?

That's all from me today, but I'll be back tomorrow with the next day of the 31DC.  Until then, you lovely lot have not one, but two galleries of beautiful nail art to feast your eyes on, so why not check them out.





14 comments:

  1. Such a pretty colour. Looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo pretties! :) My galaxy mani's are always such a fail lol! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! I think they key to making a galaxy work is not to let the colours blend too much. It looks a bit crappy before all the glitter and stars are added, as you can really see the join between colours. Keep trying them hun, cos' once you've got the hang of them they're actually pretty quick to do :D xx

      Delete
  3. So pretty, such a beautiful colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of any colour galaxy. Yours is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks, me too! Although I think the rainbow ones just about make it to my number one spot :D xx

      Delete
  5. Love it! The stars are perfect and the background is awesome xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks so much Mo! Would you believe I actually used a clean up brush and pure acetone to tidy up the stars! That was risky, but they were bugging me so much it was that or start the mani again XD xxx

      Delete
  6. I love these! I especially like the reflection on the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Monica! That was my favourite part of the mani too, I had a feeling those glowy blue glitters would be good, since they're see-through when the light isn't shining directly on them :D xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )