Wednesday 7 January 2015

31DC - Day 7 - Pink & Aqua

Hiya lovelies, and welcome to day 7 of the 31 day challenge.  Can you believe the first week is gone already?  Today's prompt is pink and aqua, and I've done....drumroll please...................yup, another tape mani!  I can't help myself.  Not to worry though, you guys won't need to stage an intervention or anything just yet.  Tomorrow's mani will involve no tape whatsoever.  Promise :D

So, the plan for today's mani was just to have some colourful stripes, but I seem to have inadvertently painted a toothpaste mani instead.  Oh well, I've decided it also looks like a stick of rock, which is at least 20% more glamorous than toothpaste, and I'm okay with that :D
My base colour is Barry M - Huckleberry, and then I laid down my striping tape, and filled in alternating stripes with Barry M - Pink Punch, and Headline Colors - Poolside Party.  Once they had some (although not enough, apparently) drying time, I added 2 coats of HK Girl to smooth out the surface completely.
So, I did kind of like this mani, even if it wasn't exactly what I was going for.  It's quite funky and fresh, and this colour palette makes me long for the Spring to come around so I can wear all the brights and pastels.  Because it's not like I do that all year round anyway, eh? ;)

Okey dokey then, that is all from me today you gorgeous people, but I'll be back tomorrow with a monochromatic mani for tomorrow's prompt, which I am just about to paint now.  I'm going to try and combine tomorrow's prompt with our prompt for the A-Z this week, as I won't have time to do two separate mani's.  Wish me luck!

p.s. Don't forget to check out the other participants mani's by visiting the thumbnails below xx




2 comments:

  1. I don't think it's toothpaste but it reminds me of old fashioned kind of hard candies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, yay! Thanks my lovely! It does also look like a stick of rock to me, although that's probably more of a British thing, right? :D xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )