Wednesday 2 July 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet - Neon

Hi guys!  I'm back again with my mani for this weeks theme buffet prompt.  I normally like to post these on the Sunday, but luckily you can post any day of the week for this challenge, so if you're behind, or it clashes with your schedule, it's not a problem.  :D  Anyway, this weeks prompt is neon, so you won't be surprised that this is the week I'm jumping back in.......

So, for this mani, I started with a base of LaFemme - Orange Cream, which I'm sorry to say is one truly shit orange!  I used 3 coats as a base, and the colour wasn't even even, and opaque? Yeah right!  I could still see every tiny bit of my nail line, and every slight change in the colour of my tips.  I may try it once more with a white base, but alone I probably would have needed at least 5 or 6 coats :(  I like a lot of the LaFemme polishes I own, but as is the case with a lot of brands, there are some that just leave you wondering what possessed them to even release it!
Anyway, tears and tantrums aside, the application wasn't too difficult, and since my tips would be covered with the gradient, I carried on.  The pink is BYS - Pink Panic, and the purple is Color Club - Miss Robinson.  I'm really blowing through this polish, I'll need to get a back up pretty soon.  Anyway, when my gradient had finally dried enough to stamp, I used MoYou Pro XL 03, and a Club Works black polish I don't know the name of.  I'm really impressed with how well this polish stamps, and the little silver glitters make this a lot more interesting than a standard black cream, but I have no idea where it came from!! Aaaargh!!!!  If anyone knows where you can get Club Works polish, please let me know, I really want another bottle :D
I actually really liked this mani.  The gradient is a combo I've wanted to do for ages now, and I love the way this stamp turned out.  How about you guys though, what do you think of this!?

Don't forget to check out all the other mani's for this weeks neon prompt in the thumbnails below....



4 comments:

  1. Love the gradient! And I hate those sheer polishes as well... I mean if you want to release a sheer polish, make a proper jelly one, not one that is supposed to be a cream...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :D Yeh exactly! So annoying, but if it was meant to be a jelly then it would be useful. I wouldn't be surprised if I could use this like the sheer tints - I don't see it showing up over black at all. May have to give it a whirl at some point xxx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )