Monday 16 June 2014

One-Stroke Flowers

Hi guys, today I have some nail art to show you that I'm was really pleased with.  After months of drooling over Charlotte @ SoYou Beauty's amazing one-stroke mani's, I finally decided to give it another go a couple of nights ago.  I tried once before, well over a year ago, but it was a complete disaster.....



So, for this mani I started out with Barry M - Seaside, which is one of the current Superdrug Limited Editions.  Then with a flat, square nail art brush, I painted in the flowers with violet and white acrylic paints.  After they were dry, I added a few dots of Barry M - Silver Foil to the middle of the flowers, and then applied 2 layers of topcoat.  (I find that acrylic paint soaks up some of the top coat, and so isn't as shiny as the other bits after 1 coat)
Now obviously it's far from perfect, there are still a few things I need to work on, but this is a really good start.  I'm itching to have another go already, and I'm planning to spend hours checking out different tutorials on YouTube so I can try different types of flowers too :D  Exciting!
So, that's it from me today.  I probably won't be posting tomorrow, as I'm looking to take Tuesdays off each week, and maybe another day during the week, but I'm not sure yet.  I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself as I don't want blogging to be a chore, so that may change from week to week.  I guess we'll see :D

Anyway, Id love to know what you guys think of this mani? Are you a fan of one-stroke, or does it drive you crazy?
  Until then, take care lovelies, and I'll see you soon <3



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )