Thursday 16 October 2014

52 Week Pick 'n' Mix Challenge - 60's & Matte/Texture

Hello again lovelies!  Today I have my mani for this weeks 52 week pick 'n' mix challenge.  I've put both prompts into the same mani again this week, and those two prompts are 60's, and matte or texture.  Now, I know that tie dye is one of the most obviously 60's manis there is, but I haven't done one before, and I've wanted to for ages.......

I found this mani so quick and easy to do, I was literally kicking myself for not trying it before now.  I started with one coat of white as a base, and then used Barry M - Pink Punch and Gauva, and Laval - Ultra Violet to make messy brushstrokes that spiralled out from the centre. (making sure to leave some little bits of white peeking through) Then I top coated straight away to help it blend a little better, and mattified the whole thing when it was dry.
This technique would be perfect if you wanted something bold and bright, but only had about 20 minutes to do your mani in.  And the pattern is so messy and organic that even your dominant hand should look pretty good.
So, all in all I think this mani turned out great, and it's always nice when something that looks so cool takes such a short time to do.  I'm not sure how this would have looked if my nails were still as long as they were, but on this length I love it!  What do you guys think?

That's all from me today, but don't forget to have a little nosey at the thumbnails below to see what everyone else has come up with this week. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )