Friday 13 December 2013

Indy's Indies - Tinsel

*Products discounted in exchange for review.
Hi guys, I'm back today with one more Christmas polish from Indy's Indies to show you.  This is Tinsel, which is a mix of short red bar glitter, and gold and silver holo longer bar glitters.  I know that there are a number of people with a disliking for bar glitters (personally I don't feel too strongly either way), but I really like this for a festive mani.  It looks just like tinsel, and the holo from the gold and silver bars is pretty impressive, so there will be a little video clip at the end so you guys can see it!

For these swatches, I used a base of A-England - Perceval on all fingers except the ring finger, which is Nails Inc - New York Noir.  I used 1 coat of Tinsel, with a little bit of dabbing and pushing to get the bars to spread out nicely. I don't have much experience with bar glitters, but I didn't find it to be too much of a hassle.  I added 1 coat of Gelous under my top coat to make sure everything was smoothed out nicely.
 I ended up liking this polish more than I expected to, and my mum likes it too.  In fact, I get a feeling that this is going to be her festive mani of choice over Christmas :)
 What do you guys think of this?  Are you a lover or a hater when it comes to bar glitter?
Don't forget, you can find Indy's Indies on Etsy here, and on Facebook here.

Here's the holo video - I promise, I will get better at these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )