Thursday 4 September 2014

A-Z of Polish - T is for..........The Siren (Dark Metal Lacquer)

*Purchased by me
Hiya lovelies!  It's Thursday once again, which means it's time for another post for the A-Z of Polish series.  This weeks letter is 'T', which is another letter I had a fair few choices for.  In the end I decided to go with one of my untried Dark Metal Lacquer's.  This is The Siren, which is a total orgy of glitters, predominantly blue.........



There's no way I'll be able to name every type of glitter, but I'm pretty sure I can see blue micro-glitter, blue/purple iridescent glitter, multicoloured iridescent glitter, tiny silver flakes, and a lot of the glitter is square shaped too.  I applied 1 coat over black to my thumb, index and pinkie fingers.  On the middle and ring fingers I used 3 coats with no undies, as this glitter has no problems building up to full coverage.  
The formula on this polish was amazing, it applied really easily and there was always a great amount of glitter on the brush.  
Once I had top coated my base, I stamped with Wet'n'Wild - Black Creme and MoYou XL Pro 03., on just the middle and ring fingers.  Once that was dry, I top coated and cleaned up as usual.
Removal was a little tough, as you'd expect with any full coverage glitter.  However, I currently have a tea bag repair on my index finger, so I've had to switch to non-acetone remover, and I still managed to get this off without soaking, So all in all, I'd say it was pretty easy for a glitter.

So, that's all from me today, don't forget that you can check out what the other ladies have come up with for this week by visiting the hub page here.  (The lovely Charlie is not feeling very well this week though, so you'll forgive her if she's a little slow at updating it today.  Please feel free to bombard her with loads of lovely get-well wishes though :p)  

And if you're loving The Siren as much as I am, you can still get your hands on a bottle by visiting the Dark Metal Lacquer shop on Etsy, here, or to stay up to date with new releases and re-stocks etc, you can check out their Facebook page here.  (I got She's Like Heroin and Dreaming from the latest release in the post yesterday, and they are properly stunning.  Expect swatches very soon!)


1 comment:

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )