Monday 8 September 2014

Dark Metal Lacquer - She's Like Heroin

*Purchased by me.
 Hiya lovelies!  Over the next week or two, I'm going to be showing you a few Dark Metal Lacquer's, and today I'm starting with one of my absolute favourite's.  This is She's Like Heroin from Kamila's autumn collection, and boy is this a gorgeous pink!



 She's like heroin is a rich pink holographic polish.  It's a shifty kind of pink really, I found it leaned more towards a purpley pink in some lights, and a warm pink in others, although there's a chance that it's just the holo tricking my eyes into seeing tones that aren't there.  In case you haven't figured it out by now, I hate describing colours. I never know if I'm right.  Good thing my photos are pretty colour accurate (to me, on my PC anyway)
 So, as you can see, the holo on this is great, especially since all these photo's are taken in artificial light. I think I'm actually getting the hang of indoor holo photo's now, I'm quite happy with these shots. :D  The formula on this polish was beautiful to work with.  It applied really smoothly and evenly, even on the first coat. I added the second coat more for depth of colour than opacity.  It also helps that DML's have a nice flat brush that make application a lot easier.
So, I don't think I need to tell you that I am 100% in mad crazy love with this polish.  The only pink holo's I have in my stash are a lot lighter, but I've wanted this kind of shade for ages.  It's just a bonus that the formula is fantastic!

I also took a picture of this in the shade so you can see how it looks when the holo is obscured.  Still very pretty :D

So, that's all from me today.  I'll be back tomorrow with some nail art for you, since I missed the last 2 prompts for the Colour me Crazy challenge, I will be doing a couple of catch up posts for them this week.

You can find Dark Metal Lacquer on Etsy here, follow them on Facebook here, and Instagram: @darkmetallacquer



1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is some holo! I'm not normally drawn to pink shades but this is stunning

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )