Tuesday 9 September 2014

Colour me Crazy Catch-up: Neon

 Hi again lovelies!  So, here is the second prompt of the Colour me Crazy challenge that I missed - Neon.  You guys have probably noticed already that I LOVE using neon nail polish, so I had to put something together for this prompt.......

So, this design came about from wanting to use some neon studs which were kindly sent to me in a little care package by my fellow crazy person, and nail buddy, Elicia, from Deliciate Nails  She knows me too well! :D  (If you haven't checked her blog out you should.  She only started it recently, but I've known her through Facebook for a while, and her mani's are amazing!)
I wasn't sure what I was going to do at first, but then I remembered that I really wanted to do a neon version of the mani I did for the pink prompt weeks ago (see it here)  I didn't want to do the exact same design though, so I decided to adapt it into a skittlette.  I used Zoya - Storm on my ring finger, and then used a wax pencil to place the line of studs down the middle.  I ended up using 2 coats of Gelous under my HKGirl top coat on that nail, as I really wanted my studs to stay put.  Then I painted the other nails with a white base, and then began to make my decal,  The star stripes image is from MoYou XL Back to the 80's 04, stamped with Wet'n'Wild Black Creme.  Then I filled in a stripe of each of LaFemme Ultra Yellow, Moyra 66, Sally Hansen Insta Dri - Brisk Blue, Color Club - Mrs Robinson and Moyra 64 with my thinnest nail art brush.

While the decal was drying, I painted the outlines of the mosaic nails black acrylic paint, and then filled in one or two sections with black.  Then I filled in the sections with the 5 colours from the decal, plus Illamasqua Gamma.  Then I went back in with black acrylic paint to tidy up the lines.  I though I got them all at the time, but there's one really messy section on that macro picture that says otherwise.  Still, no-one's perfect, and it was barely noticeable in real life anyway.
Overall, I was extremely happy with this mani.  I know it will probably be a bit too much for a lot of people, but it's perfect for me!  I didn't want to take it off at all, but I'm trying to get ahead on my blogging schedule again, so I had to take it off this morning :'(

What do you guys think of this mani then?

That's it from me today, but I'll be back tomorrow with some swatches for you to ogle :D



2 comments:

  1. Yay! They look great and I love how you have used them! Fab mani! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks honey! And thanks for sending me them! <3 xxx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )