Thursday 18 September 2014

A-Z of Polish: V is for...........Vortex Remnants

 Hiya lovelies!  Sorry today's post is a little bit late.  I've just been so tired recently and haven't really had the energy to blog much.  Luckily, I have some time off work now, so hopefully I'll have time to rest up, and even get ahead on a load of blog posts.  
But back to today.  It's Thursday, so of course I have my mani for this weeks A-Z of Polish, and this weeks letter is V.  Amazingly, I actually had a few choices in my stash for this week, but really, there was only one - Femme Fatale - Vortex Remnants............



Vortex Remnants is a deep purple jelly base, which is absolutely choc full of of glitter, including matte red diamonds, holographic stars, purple hexes in all sorts of sizes, as well as small red holo hexes, and lots of micro shimmer in the base for good measure.  I was expecting this to be a fairly hard polish to apply, and while it's not like putting on an OPI cream, it didn't reduce me to tears either.  I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to apply using the dabbing method, and I only ended up using 2 coats for these swatches.  (no undies so it keeps its squishiness) I didn't have to fish for a single glitter either!
This is my first Femme Fatale, and I am in complete and total love.  It's so much prettier IRL too, really deep and squishy, and the holo glitters really twinkle when they catch the light.
It was a little top coat hungry, I initially used 1 coat of Gelous under my HKGirl, but the next morning when I went to take my pictures it wasn't quite as smooth as it seemed before, so I added 1 more coat of HKGirl which seemed to do the trick.
When it came to removal, I went straight for the tinfoil method as you would expect.  No way was I attempting to remove this with the regular method. :D

I want to say a massive thank you to Elicia from Deliciate Nails for putting this sexy beast in my hands.  Love you! xxx

So, that's all from me today lovelies.  I'm not sure if I'll be posting tomorrow or not yet, but I'll definitely be back on Saturday.  Until then, I'm off to go and stroke the bottle, and you guys can go and check out all the other ladies mani's by visiting the hub page here. :D


*This is currently out of stock on the Femme Fatale website, but if you're in the UK, it's still in stock right now at Rainbow Connection UK. :D

2 comments:

  1. I've only just seen this! So glad you like it! It looks amazing on you.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you sweetie, I really, really do! It even soaked off pretty easily which was a huge bonus :D xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )