Wednesday 16 October 2013

#33DC - Day 11 - 3D

 Hi everyone, happy hump day!  I'm back again for Day 11 of the #33DC and the prompt for today is 3D.  I don't normally do a lot of 3D nails, mostly because I can't stop picking at them when I do.  However, since this is a challenge, I decided to go for glittery stud-fest.  And why not!


 This was a pretty quick and easy mani to do, although it annoys me that the studs could be a bit straighter.  In real life though, it's so darn sparkly you would never notice.  I used a base coat of PVA glue so removal isn't so hard, then I used 2 coats of A-England - Avalon, and waited for that to dry fully.  (I didn't want any bald patches if I had to push the studs around the nail quite a bit)  Then I added 1 thick coat of Shimmer Polish - Caroline, and applied the studs immediately.  They did need a bit of pushing, but that was partly because I didn't know how many studs would fit on each nail to begin with.  2 coats of top coat to keep them on, and viola!
I did this last night, and I still have all my studs on now, so that's a good sign.  These are just so blingy in real life, I like them so much more than I thought I would!   I'm also looking forward to what I have planned for Friday if I can pull it off.  It's another new one for me, so I will be doing it tonight, just in case I need to try twice! Wish me luck : D


 Don't forget to check out all the other awesome 3D mani's for today on the links below : D



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this mani, the colors, the design, all of it. Love your blog, keep the creativity coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, that's a really sweet comment. I'm very flattered! xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )