Monday 7 October 2013

#33DC - Day 7 - Art featuring your oldest untried.


 Hi lovely people.  Today is Day 7 of the #33DC and the prompt for today is art with your oldest untried.  As crappy luck would have it, my oldest untried was a sheer wash of nothing for french mani's.  It's by Revlon and it's called barely peach.  I have never done a french mani on myself, I used to get pink and white acrylics at the salon for years, so have no interest in having them again.  On a sidenote, I was paying £10 more a set for "UV Gel" nails, but was being ripped off by the salon who were still using acrylic!  They just grabbed a different pot, and told me it was gel.  The nerve of some people eh!   Anyway, I digress.................................





So, as you can see in the picture, I decided to pair it with a really, really old polish of mine.  I got it when I worked for asos, and had a staff discount : D  It's not technically untried, but I havn't used it since I learnt to do more than paint a gloopy mess on the ends of my fingers.  It's called Mary-Kate, and it is a black polish laden with gold shimmer.


I put just one coat of barely peach on, and when that was dry I marked off the half moons with some cheap paper hole reinforcers.  I had to work really quickly with these, as I needed 2 coats of Mary-Kate for opacity. Then I just grabbed some gold acrylic paint, and freehanded some leopard print, then added a line around the half moon to hide the fact that they were a little scruffy.


This was actually a pretty quick mani to do, and I liked the end result.  You can see, I had a little bit of smudging of the black polish into the half moons while topcoating.  I think the black was still pretty wet, but that's hardly surprising when you don't let it dry between layers : D  I don't think I did too bad considering what my untried was, but I'd love to know what you guys think!







2 comments:

  1. I like it! Something slightly imperfect about it that makes it really nice as well! That is crazy that they gave you acrylics instead of UV gel when you paid for it. It's been a long time since I went to a salon but I always just did regular mani's there. Maybe like two/three colors on a hand but never false nails or UV gels. I really like this mani! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I couldn't believe it either. I only found out because I wanted to learn to do them myself! And when I asked for nail art, they charge an extra £3.50, but just did flicks from the corner - every time! Unsuprisingly, they closed down recently : D xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )